Monday, October 19, 2009

Podcast Review “Panel- Online Giving Markets: Niche or Revolution?”

For the podcast review I found a great website that features podcasts from experts on social networking and finding ways to create social change. I picked a podcast that focused on online giving. I’m interested in this because I am volunteering for a non-profit foundation and I wanted to know if online fundraising would be something for the foundation to consider.

The podcast started out with two hosts who introduced themselves and talked about what the panel of experts would be focusing on. Next, the podcast started with someone on the panel introducing all of the experts and asking questions. Most of the questions discussed revolved around if online giving was a niche or a new revolution for fundraising and profits.

Not only was the content good, but I also found the technical aspects to be good as well. The beginning when the two hosts introduced the topic the podcast was very clear. Then panel started talking, the sound was good, but it did sound a little muffled. The only thing I might change was to shorten it by about 20 or so because podcast was about 75 minutes long.

Overall I enjoyed listening to the podcast and I’m glad I found the website. I planning to use the information I learned from the podcast to study if online fundraising is profitable for non-profits.

To listen to the podcast and more like it visit the Social Innovation Conversations website.

1 comment:

  1. I found this informative because it shows how Podcasts can perform the function of identifying to segmented audiences with target specific messaging.

    ReplyDelete